Gionee has begun rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Elife S5.5.
The phone had been launched earlier this year, with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and skips 4.3 and heads straight to KitKat.
GSM Arena reports the following changes in the update:
- Android upgrade to KitKat
- New Desktop layout
- Removed the world cricket championship
- Added Du speed booster for faster operations
- Updated Amigo Paper with a brand new UI interface design
- Updated Game Zone with a new UI interface design
- Updated GioneeXender for optimized performance and further improved the linking success rate
If you own a Gionee Elife S5.5, you can manually check for the OTA update by navigating to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check for updates.
The update is reported to be 865 MB in size.