Gionee has announced that they have released an Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update, for the Elife E7 Mini.
The phone was released in December last year, with Android 4.2.2 Jellybean.
It is also the third phone from Gionee, to get a taste of Android KitKat, after the Gionee CTRL V5 and the Gionee Elife S5.5, which received the update, earlier this month.
Some of the key features of the Android 4.4.2 Update:
- All new desktop layout
- Updated Amigo Paper with a brand new user interface
- Removed the world cricket champion game, texas poker, green farmer and wonder zoo
- Added Du speed booster for faster operations
- Gaming – The game zone is updated with a new user interface design which will allow better control of the gaming apps
- Updated GioneeXender for optimized performance which will allow high speed transfer of files. This will further improve the linking success rate
- Updated UC browser will make the device more responsive and will improve the page loading effects
- Added Touch Pal input method and camcard
- Updated NQ Mobile Security for better protection of your phone
- Updated Kingsoft WPS will be a great support for office worker and students as it will improve work and study related operations
- Updated map with only one entrance into the main menu
The unsual part is, Gionee are not releasing the update over-the-air (OTA). Instead, it is only available through their service centers, where users can get their Gionee Elife E7 Mini updated for free.