Dungeon Quest, the free to play RPG just received an update and finally we get to play with a new character in the game, The Warrior.
In case you haven’t heard of Dungeon Quest, it is a “hack and slash” style game , of the same Genre as Diablo and Torchlight. It is free to play, and you can optionally buy save slots or gold, which you can use to get various items in the game. Uou can get a lot of gold just by grinding the game’s levels too. The game has been in beta for a long time and a stable release is expected by the end of this month.
Let’s take a look at the features in the new update.
The Warrior as many people would have guessed is a melee character.
He can use four different one hand weapons: Axe,Sword, Mace and Lance. And two off hand weapons, Shield and Horn. Well not technically offhand weapons, but items.
I got in touch with the developers recently requesting them to add certain features such as the Back button behaviour which closed the game. They told me it was already being fixed and with this update they actually have. Kudos.
And that’s not the only new additions in this update, they have introduced 12 powerful Legend items, and tweaked the gameplay a bit. Take a look at the complete list of changes below:
- New item rarity “Legend” with 12 new powerful Legend items to hunt for!
- Updated Wizard Skull mechanic. Now instead of leaving a bomb on the ground, will leave an explosive Skull on the ground that shoots at nearby enemies.
- Support for lower end android devices
- Fixed an issue that prevented the game from running on LG optimus G
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause enemies to have no texture or be invisible
- Fixed a bug with sorting your inventory that could cause you to lose an item
- Fixed “magic enemy” challenge to show proper goal amount
- Many spell effect tweaks
- Android back button should no longer quit application during gameplay
- Wizards now get 1 points of regen for every 5 points of MP, Warriors get 1 point of armor for every 5 points of HP
- Added additional mana regeneration based on the size of the character’s mana pool
- Updated mana cost on weapons to grow based on base mana cost of item type.
- Increased effectiveness of Armor
- Separated item affixes into pools that appropriate for that item ( e.g. no more seeking on orbs or skulls )
- Added 3 new general item affixes: Armor, Dodge, and Block
- Changed player resistances to be rating based instead of percentage
- Reroll price is now based on the range that the item will be rolled to, instead of current item level.
- Wand and Gauntlet base damage increased
- Teleport AoE explosion range reduced slightly
- New affixes available for Legend items: Toxic, Immolating, Torrent, Freezing, Frostbiting, Increased AoE, Glasscannon, Reflect Damage, Movement Speed, Item Quantity
- Health Orbs now drop during Boss health intervals for Malus, and Nix Gigas fights
The only catch is the character slots aren’t free. So if you already have a high level wizard and want to play the warrior, you need to buy an additional slot for $0.99 (which also removes the ads) or delete your character and start afresh. So it’s technically still free.
Note: If you have any issues with the game or find any bugs email the developers, they are very friendly.
A few screenshots that I took on my phone:
Download and play Dungeon Quest for free from Google Play. You can use the widget below to do so.
The game works fine on my P500 with minimal lags. and is absolutely awesome on my Nexus 7.