Samsung has been busy working on updates for new and old Android devices.
And today we will tell you how to install the official Android 4.2.2 update on your Galaxy Note 8.0.
The tablet which ships with Android Jelly Bean 4.1 out of the box, is one of the few devices that Samsung will be updating to 4.2.2.
Sammobile have put up the official firmware update up on their website. They report that the firmware is smoother and that it has better battery life than the 4.1.2 version. No new features have been reported.
DISCLAIMER: AndroidPure and the Author are not responsible for any damage you may incur.
How to install the official 4.2.2 update on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Take a back up of everything before you proceed.
You will need the following to update the firmware:
- A Windows PC with the appropriate drivers for the phone. You can get the drivers by installing Samsung KIES.
- The Samsung software updating tool: Odin. (It is also included in the firmware package)
- The 4.2.2 firmware from SamMobile.
- A USB cable.
1. Unzip the downloaded firmware zip file and extract it to any folder.
2. Open Odin 3.07 and keep it ready.
3. Turn off the tablet. Boot into download mode by using the key combo “Home + Power + Volume down”
4. Use the USB cable to connect the tablet to your computer and wait for a blue sign in Odin.
5. Click on the buttons mentioned below in odin, navigate to the folder where you extracted the firmware and assign the following files.
- Add CODE_N5110XXCMG2_1031850_REV01_user_low_ship.tar to CODE
- Add CSC_OXA_N5110OXACMG2_1031850_REV01_user_mid_noship.tar to CSC
- Add kona_wifi.pit to PIT
6. Make sure “re-partition” option is ticked.
7. Click on Start and let it flash the firmware.
What to do in case of bootloops, or errors
You can factory reset the phone should anything go wrong. Just turn off the tablet and boot it into recovery mode using the key combo: “Home+ Power + Volume Up” and selecting Factory Reset.
Thanks to SamMobile for the image and the firmware.