It mentions that the update brings the following:
- November Google Security Patch
- Improved Headphone Audio Experience
- Optimized Power Consumption
- Improved Video Recording
While the #UnbeatablePerformer2dot0 is busy making news, here’s some good news for owners of the original #UnbeatablePerformer too! The Zenfone Max Pro M1’s new OTA update brings several enhancements to your phone. Download now! #WeHearYou pic.twitter.com/CCtWSoVJns
My friend who owns a Zenfone Max Pro M1, told me yesterday that he had updated the device, and found the headphone output to be much better than before. He had been listening to some songs using his headphones before updating the device and found that the audio output was better (for the same songs) after the Zenfone Max Pro M1 OTA was installed.
This was in Poweramp Music Player, which is known for its stellar audio performance anyway, so he decided to try other apps including Amazon Prime Music, and discovered that the audio output was improved in all apps. He told me that ASUS must have enabled Hi-Fi Audio as the default for the device.
How to install the Zenfone Max Pro M1 OTA Update manually
- Download the Zenfone Max Pro M1 OTA Update from ASUS’ servers.
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Copy the file to the microSD card. This is a must, you cannot install it from the internal memory.
- Switch off the device, and boot to the recovery mode by using the Power and Volume Down buttons.
- Select the option which says “Apply update from external memory”, and choose the update file which you downloaded.
- Install the update and wait for the process to finish.
- Reboot the device, and you’re good to go.
If you don’t want to do this, just wait for the notification to tell you that an update is available for download/install. ASUS will release the Android Pie update for Zenfone Max Pro M1 in February. The company has already released the Android P Update for Zenfone 5.