ASUS is prepping to launch the ASUS 8Z and ASUS 8Z Flip soon in India. The company has put up a promo page up for the devices on its official website.
The flagship series debuted globally recently as the ASUS Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 Flip. Earlier this month, Dinesh Sharma, the company’s Business Head for India, announced that the brand is postponing the launch of the new phones in the Country due to the Covid-19 crisis.
And in case you were wondering if only the compact version is debuting here, scroll down to the end of the promo page, and you will find the Flip variant is also pictured in the teaser.
ASUS lost the right to use the Zen and Zenfone branding in India, after a legal dispute filed by an Indian company about 2 years ago ruled in favor of the other party owning the trademark, so we expect the 2021 flagships to have a name similar to the ASUS 6Z.
That would mean the new phones will be called the ASUS 8Z and ASUS 8Z Flip. The poster you see above confirms that the device is coming soon to India. The web page pretty much has all the specs of the device. Speaking of which here is a recap of the information.
ASUS 8Z and ASUS 8Z Flip specs
- 8Z Display: 5.9-inches Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 800 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, 112% wide color gamut of the DCI-P3, 105% NTSC color gamut, 151.9% sRGB color gamut, HDR 10 and HDR10+, In-Display Fingerprint sensor
- 8Z Flip Display: 6.67-inches Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 1000 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, 112% wide color gamut of the DCI-P3, 105% NTSC color gamut, HDR10+, In-Display Fingerprint sensor
- Operating system: Android 11 with ZenUI 8
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G processor octa-core 5nm
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 8GB/12GB/16GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Battery: 4000mAh (5000mAh on 8Z Flip), 30W Quick Charge 4.0, PD 3.0, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 64MP Sony IMX 686. 1 / 1.73″ large sensor, 0.8 µm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 26.6mm focal length, 78.3 ° wide angle, EIS + 12MP Sony IMX 363
ultra wide angle lens, 1 /2.55″ sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, Dual PDAF, 14.3mm focal length, 4cm macro photography + Dual LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 12MP Sony IMX663, 1.22μm pixel size, Dual PDAF
- 8Z Flip Cameras: Main Cameras: Motorized Flip Camera module, 64MP Sony IMX 686. 1 / 1.73″ large sensor, 0.8 µm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 26.6mm focal length, 78.3° wide angle, EIS + 12MP Sony IMX 363 ultra wide angle lens, 1 /2.55″ sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, Dual PDAF, 14.3mm focal length, 4cm macro photography + 12MP Sony IMX 363 telephoto lens,3x optical zoom, 12x digital zoom, 1 /2.55″ sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 14.3mm focal length, 4cm macro photography + Dual LED Flash
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, 5G Bands: n1,n2,n3 ,n5,n7,n8,n12,n20,n28,n38,n77,n78, 5G Standalone (SA): n77, n78 WiFi 6/6E (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2×2 MIMO), dual-band 2.4GHz / 5GHz WiFi, Bluetooth 5.2 (EDR + A2DP), supports LDAC, Qualcomm aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, AAC, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, GNSS supports GPS(L1/L5), Glonass(L1), Galileo(E1/E5a), BeiDou(B1i/B1c/B2a), QZSS(L1/L5) and NavIC(L5)
- Sensors: Gyroscope, compass, Distance sensor, Light sensor, Gravity sensor, Accelerometer
- Weight: 169g
- Dimensions: 148 x 68.5 x 8.9 mm
- Audio: Dual Stereo Speakers, Dirac HD Sound, dual Cirrus Logic CS35L45 Smart AMP, 3.5mm headphone jack, hi-Res audio
- Misc: IP65/IP68
- Colours: Matte Black, Simple Silver
We’ll update you when we have an official launch date for the ASUS 8Z and ASUS 8Z Flip.