The beta version of Apex Launcher was updated today, to include support for the OK Google Hotword.
Just a few weeks ago, Nova Launcher had done the some, with Apex following suit now.
The only difference is, Apex requires a device running Android 4.4 KitKat for the hotword to work, whereas Nova required a JellyBean device for it.
Official Change Log:
- Ok, Google hotword detection (Kitkat)
- Dynamic calendar icons (Today Calendar and icon packs)
- Notification badges in drawer (pro)
- Fixed drawer indicator bug
- Other bug fixes
- Updated translations
How to enable the “Ok Google Hotword” in Apex:
- Navigate to Apex Settings.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Tap on the “OK Google hotword” option.
- Enable it, and you are good to go.
The update also adds dynamic icons for the Today Calendar app, so your icon will display the Date of the day.
Users of the pro version will love the support for notification badges in the app drawer.
Note: You need to have the free Apex Notifier app installed for this to work.
You can find the latest beta version of Apex Launcher from the official XDA thread.