Just three days ahead of the official launch, Xiaomi Redmi S2 global variant is listed on AliExpress with all details on hardware specifications, Press renders and pricing of the phone. The listing reveals full press renders matching with the official teaser images from Xiaomi and a price of US$ 165.99 to US$ 193.99indicating a base price of 899 yuan (~Rs. 9,000) in China for the base variant with 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM.
As per the listing, Xiaomi Redmi S2 sports a 5.99-inch HD+ (1440 × 720 pixels) 18:9 2.5D curved glass display, powered by 2.0GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor along with 2GB / 3Gb / 4GB RAM variants. It comes with three variants of storage i.e. 16GB / 32GB / 64GB and runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) based operating system with MIUI 9 on top.
In terms of camera, it comes with dual camera module at rear aligned vertically on the left side consisting of 12MP primary sensor with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 / OmniVision OV12A10 sensor, PDAF, EIS & 5MP secondary Samsung S5K5E8 sensor. On the front there is a 16MP shooter for selfies & video calls. The render images also show support for Hindi language which suggest that Redmi S2 may also be launched in India, yet we will wait for the official confirmation.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 Specifications (based on listing)
- 5.99-inch HD+ (1440 × 720 pixels) 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.0GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM: 2GB / 3GB / 4GB
- Storage: 16GB / 32GB / 64GB storage / 3GB RAM, expandable up to 128GB with microSD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (Nano + Nano + dedicated microSD slot), Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 / OmniVision OV12A10 sensor, PDAF, EIS, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung S5K5E8 sensor
- 16MP front-shooter
- Dimensions: 160.73 × 77.26 × 8.1mm
- Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3080mAh battery
In spite of this detailed listing, we should wait for the official launch details.