The Xiaomi Pad 5 tablet has been launched in India alongside the Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G. The device runs on MIUI for Pad (MIUI 12.5) based on Android 11 and is equipped with an 11-inches 2.5K LCD screen that has a 120Hz refresh rate.
It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 octa-core processor clocked at 2.96GHz, with an Adreno 640 GPU, 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM, with 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. The Mi Pad 5 is backed by a 8720mAh battery that supports 33W Fast Charging via USB Type-C port.
The selfie lens on the front is an 8MP snapper, while the lens on the rear is a 13 megapixels camera. The Xiaomi Pad 5 measures 254.69 x 166.25 x 6.85mm and weighs 511g. In the connectivity department, the device supports WiFi 5 802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4/5GHz, and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity options.
Xiaomi‘s new handheld has the following sensors: Ambient Light Sensor, an Acceleration Sensor, a Gyroscope, an Electronic Compass and a Hall Sensor. The tablet has 4 speakers, and supports Dolby Atmos, but does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Xiaomi Pad 5 specs
- Display: 11-inch 2.5K LCD WQHD+ 2560 x 1600 pixels, 275 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate, P3 color gamut, HDR10, 8bit + 2bit, 1500:1 Contrast ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 octa-core 2.96GHz
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Memory: 6GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Operating System: MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Battery: 8720mAh 33W Wired Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 13MP
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Connectivity: WiFi 5 802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0
- Audio: Quad Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Sensors: Ambient Light Sensor | Acceleration Sensor | Gyroscope | Electronic Compass | Hall Sensor
- Dimensions: 254.69 x 166.25 x 6.85mm
- Colours: Cosmic Gray and Pearl White