Xiaomi has officially launched its biggest phone, the Mi Max in India. The massive phablet was launched in May, in China.
The Xiaomi Mi Max sports a 6.44 inch Full HD IPS display, with 2.5D curved glass and Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Despite the large size, it weighs just 203g and is just 7.5mm thin.
It runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The phablet is powered by a 6 core (hexa-core) Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor, with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. A second variant of the phone exists, withslighlty superior specs. It has a Snapdragon 652 processor, 4GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage.
A micro SD card slot provides an option for expandable memory. The photography department on the Mi Max features a 16 megapixel rear camera, with dual-tone LED Flash, Phase Detect Auto Focus (PDAF) and an f/2.0 aperture. The selfie lens is a 5 megapixel front camera, also with an f/2.0 aperture, and an 85 degree wide-angle lens.
The Mi Max supports dual SIM cards, one of which is a hybrid SIM card slot, in which you can use either a Nano SIM or a Micro SD card, along side a micro SIM card. The device features a fingerprint scanner, which is placed on the back panel. And there is an infrared sensor on the top of the device.
The Xiaomi Mi Max is backed by a huge 4850mAh battery, and supports dual bottom facing speakers.
Xiaomi Mi Max Technical Specifications:
- Display: 6.44 inch Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 (Hexa core)/ 652 (Octa core) CPU
- Operating System: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Memory: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB of RAM with 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable memory via microSD card.
- Rear Camera: 16 MP rear camera, dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 MP front-shooter, 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture.
- SIM Card: Dual SIM cards with Hybrid SIM slot (micro+nano/microSD), dual standby
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Sensors: Infrared sensor
- Battery: 4850mAh
- Colours: Silver, Gold & Dark Grey
The Xiaomi Mi Max 3GB/RAM32GB/SD650 variant has been priced at Rs 14,999, while the Snapdragon 652/4GB RAM variant with 128GB has been priced at Rs 19,999 in India.The device comes in three colours: Silver, Gold and Dark Grey. It will be sold exclusively on Mi.com/in, via the flash sale model. Registrations for the first flash sale has begun today, and the first sale will be held on July 6th.
The Mi Max will be available on open sale across Paytm, Snapdeal, Amazon, Flipkar, etc from July 16th.