As expected, Xiaomi has announced a new mid-range smartphone Xiaomi Mi 5X at a launch event in China. Xiaomi Mi 5X will be available in Black, Gold & Rose Gold color options and is priced at 1499 yuan (~US$ 225 or Rs. 14,300). This new Xiaomi Phone goes on sale in China starting August 1st.
Xiaomi Mi 5X sports a 5.5-inch 1080p Full HD 2.5D curved glass LTPS display and is powered by 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor. The phone comes with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via microSD card up to 128 GB. It runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) operating system, upgradable to MIUI 9.
Xiaomi Mi 5X features dual camera module at the rear consisting of 12 MP primary camera sensor with wide-angle lens, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash and a secondary 12 MP camera with telephoto lens, 1.0 μm pixel size, f/2.6 aperture, PDAF. On the front, you get a 5 MP shooter for shooting selfies.
In terms of dimensions, it measures 155.4 × 75.8 × 7.3 mm and weighs 165 grams. The phone is backed by 3080 mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi 5X specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080p Full HD 2.5D curved glass LTPS display
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB (eMMC 5.0), expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- OS: MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to MIUI 9
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Main Camera: 12 MP primary camera with wide-angle lens, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash and a secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, 1.0 μm pixel size, f/2.6 aperture, PDAF
- Front Camera: 5 MP shooter
- Dimensions: 155.4 × 75.8 × 7.3 mm
- Weight: 165g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3080 mAh
At the moment, there is no word on whether Xiaomi plans to launch Mi 5X in other countries such as India.