Xiaomi has unveiled its 2023 flagship line-up at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Here’s everything you need to know about the Xiaomi 13 Pro.
Xiaomi has equipped the device with a 6.73-inches E6 AMOLED display that supports a 2K resolution of 3200 x 1440 pixels. The screen has a 20:9 Aspect Ratio, supports 10-bit display, a pixel density of 522 PPI, supports 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 120Hz refresh rate. The panel supports 1920Hz PWM Dimming, 1900 nits brightness, is rated for Dolby Vision, HDR10+, houses an in-display fingerprint reader, and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
The flagship mobile runs on MIUI 14 based on Android 13. Xiaomi has promised to support it with 3 years of Android Updates, and 5 years of Security Updates. The handset is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor with an Adreno 740 GPU, 12GB of LPDDR5X RAM, and 256GB/512GB of UFS 4.0 storage. The smartphone has a Vapor Chamber Cooling System to keep thermal levels low during long gaming sessions.
The selfie lens on the mobile is a 32MP snapper with an f/.2.0 aperture. The triple camera array on the rear consists of a 50 megapixels primary sensor with a Sony IMX 989 sensor, and an f/1.9 aperture. The camera supports Hyper Optical Image Stabilization (HyperOIS). Xiaomi says that the cameras were co-engineered with Leica, and has Leica Summicron Certification. It support Leica Authenic Mode, Leica Vibrant Mode, Leica Classic Shutter Sound, Leica Watermark, Leica Filters and has an all new camera UI.
The secondary lens on the Xiaomi 13 Pro is a 50MP Telephoto lens that supports 3.2x Optical Zoom, OIS, and has a Leica 75mm floating portrait lens that moves to change the focal length, it also supports Macro photography. The other camera on the device is a 50MP Ultra-Wide Angle lens with a 115° FoV, an f/2.2 aperture. The cameras support 8K video recording at 24 frames per second, 4K @60fps, and 1080p at 60fps.
Xiaomi has packed a 4,820 mAh battery in the Xiaomi 13 Pro, and it supports 120W HyperCharge. The company has packed a 120 Fast Charger in the box which is capable of delivering 100% charge in just 19 minutes via a USB Type-C port. The battery also supports 50W Wireless Turbo Charging, 10W Reverse and Wireless Charging
The smartphone supports Dual Nano SIM Cards, 16 5G bands, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS/AGPS, GLONASS,Galelio, BeiDou, and QZSS. The Xiaomi 13 Pro features Dual Stereo Speakers, and supports Hi-Res Audio. Sensors on the phone include a Proximity sensor, an Ambient light sensor, an Accelerometer, a Gyroscope, an Electronic compass, an IR blaster, a Barometer, a Vibration Motor, and an X Axis Linear Motor (Ultra-Wide Band). The phone measures 162.9 x 74.6 x 8.38mm, and weighs 229g.
If you want to learn about the regular variant of the Xiaomi 13, you read about it here.
Xiaomi 13 Pro specs
- Display: 6.73-inches 2K 3200 x 1440 pixels, E6 AMOLED, 10-bit, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, 522 PPI, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 1920Hz PWM Dimming, 1900 nits brightness, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, Dolby Vision, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Operating System: MIUI 14 based on Android 13, 3 years of Android Updates and 5 years of Security Updates
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
- GPU: Adreno 740
- Cooling System: Vapor Chamber Cooling Technology
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5X RAM
- Storage: 256GB/512GB UFS 4.0
- Rear Cameras: 50MP Sony IMX 989, HyperOIS, f/1.9 aperture, Leica filters, sounds, modes + 50MP Telephoto lens, 3.2x Optical Zoom, OIS, Leica 75mm floating portrait lens + Dual Telephoto-Macro Lens + 50MP Ultra-Wide Angle, 115° FoV, f/2.2 aperture, 8K @24fps, 4K @60fps, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/.2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4,820 mAh, 120W HyperCharge, 120 Fast Charger, 19 minutes to 100%, USB Type-C, 50W Wireless Turbo Charge, 10W Reverse Wireless Charge
- Connectivity: Dual Nano SIM Cards, 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 7, Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS/AGPS, GLONASS,Galelio, BeiDou, QZSS
- Audio: Dual Stereo Speakers, Hi-Res Audio (Wired & Wireless)
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, IR blaster, Barometer, Vibration Motor, X Axis Linear Motor (Ultra-Wide Band)
- Dimensions: 162.9 x 74.6 x 8.38mm
- Weight: 229g
- Colours: Ceramic Black, Ceramic White
- Rating: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
Xiaomi 13 Pro price
The Xiaomi 13 Pro price starts at €1,299 for the 12GB/256GB trim. The device comes in Ceramic Black and Ceramic White. It will be available for purchase from March 8th. Xiaomi says it will reveal the price of the Indian variant of the phone tomorrow, on February 28th.