Team17 have released the popular turn-based artillery strategy game, Worms 2: Armageddon for Android devices.
The game which made its debut on other platforms 4 years ago is finally available for our favorite OS.
Worms took the gaming industry by storm when the game was launched nearly 20 years ago. It is a turn based strategy game in which you control a team of worms and destroy the AI’s team of worms with various weapons in your arsenal.
The two way combat makes this game quite difficult to master while keeping you entertained. The game has several single player missions and also has multiplayer mode for you online gamers.
Here is the official list of features for the Android version of Worms 2: Armageddon:
- Authentic Worms™ gameplay with cartoon-style visuals, comical audio and a refined control system using the innovative touch screen user interface
- New to Worms? Make sure to check out the Practice mode, where you can try out weapons against A.I. dummy worms
- 30 Single Player missions across 5 new themes including Manhattan, Medieval, Sports, Construction and Cheese
- Body Count Mode, take on endless waves of increasingly tough enemy worms
- Take on players from around the world with online Wi-Fi multiplayer action for 2 players
- Pass-and-Play with hotseat local multiplayer action for 2-4 players
- New weapons and utilities, including the Sentry Gun, Electromagnet, Napalm Strike, Super Sheep, Petrol Bomb, Armageddon, Pneumatic Drill, Earthquake and Poison Strike
- Classic Worms™ weaponry, including the return of the Sheep, Holy Hand Grenade, Concrete Donkey, Parachute, Baseball Bat and Ninja Rope
- Personalise the look of your team by changing your worms names, hat, skin, speechbank, gravestone, fort and victory dance!
- 12 different Game Styles including new modes Fort Mode and Crazy Crates and the return existing modes Easy, Normal, Pro, ‘Bazooka and Grenade’, Melee, Gun Show, Heads Up, Lightside, Darkside and Sudden Death. You can even create your own Custom Game Style!
Quite a big list, eh? Here are some screenshots:
I have played Worms on my computer a long time ago abd this is going to be nostalgia.
The game is available at Google Play for $5
Note: This game isn’t sold by EA. It is directly sold by the game’s developers.