Samsung has confirmed that its Galaxy Unpacked 2021 event has been set for August 11th. The teaser video features two silhouettes, possibly for the Galaxy Z Fold3 and Galaxy Z Flip3.
Thanks to a previous leak, we know what both phones look like.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Rumours tell us that the Galaxy Z Fold3 features a 6.23-inches Super AMOLED Cover display and a 7.55-inches foldable display that supports 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10+. The phone is equipped with a 16MP under-display, and a 10MP cover display for selfies.
The foldable device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ processor with 12GB/16GB RAM, and 256GB/512GB of storage.
The main cameras on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 consists of a 12MP primary lens, a 12MP ultra-wide angle lens, and a 12MP telephoto lens, along with an LED Flash module.
Connectivity options on the foldable device includes 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi 6E, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, and Dual Stereo Speakers. The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 will support the Galaxy S-Pen accessory, and is the first of the series to do so.
The battery on the device is said to be identical to its predecessor, the Galaxy Z Fold2, at 4300mAh.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 specs
- Display: 6.23-inches Super AMOLED Cover display + 7.55-inches foldable display, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+
- Memory: 12GB/16GB RAM
- Storage: 256GB/512GB
- Cameras: 12MP primary + 12MP ultra-wide angle lens + 12MP telephoto lens, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 16MP under-display + 10MP cover display
- Connectivity: 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi 6E, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0
- Audio: Dual Stereo Speakers
- Battery: 4,380mAh, fast wireless charging, reverse wireless charging
- Accessories: Galaxy S-Pen
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 has a design identical to the previous gen’s clamshell form factor, and sports a 6.7-inches Dynamic AMOLED Display which supports 120Hz refresh rate. The outer screen is a 1.9-inches Cover Display.
The compact device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with 8GB of RAM, and 256GB of storage. It will support 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 is said to have a side-mounted fingerprint reader. The battery on the device is a 3,300mAh cell that charges over a USB Type- C port and supports 15W fast charging.
The selfie lens on the foldable is a 10MP lens, while the main camera set up comprises a 12MP primary snapper, and a 12MP ultra-wide angle lens with an LED Flash
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 specs
- Display: 6.7-inches Dynamic AMOLED Display, 2636 x 1080 pixels, 425 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate + 1.9-inches Cover Display,
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
- Memory: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB
- Cameras: 12MP primary + 12MP ultra-wide angle lens, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 10MP
- Connectivity: 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3,300mAh, USB Type- C, 15W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2021 event will be streamed online at 10 AM ET (7:30 PM IST), on August 11th.