Samsung have pulled a fast one again. It’s been just four days since they released the Android 4.3 update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9500) in Russia.
And now, they have released it for India too.
The updated ROM brings several fixes, and some new versions of apps for the Keyboard, Browser, etc.
What’s new in the Android 4.3 Build: (Changelist 1875800)
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved RAM management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
You can check for the 4.3 update by navigating to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update on your Galaxy S4.
If you find an update availalable, you can update it over the air (OTA) or you can use Samsung’s official ROM installer KIES. To use KIES, you will need the ROM file which you can download from the following links.
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 India (INS) – Android 4.3
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 India (INU) – Android 4.3
Note: Please check the version of the firmware your device. i.e INS or INU and download the ROM accordingly.