The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max has just been announced in India along with the Redmi Note 9 Pro, right on schedule. Here’s everything you need to know about the higher end variant.
The device sports a 6.67-inches Full HD+ LCD display that the company terms as Dot Display. That’s a fancy way of saying Punch hole camera, speaking of which the Note 9 Pro Max has a 32MP selfie camera.
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor with 6GB/8GB of RAM, and 64GB/128GB of UFS 2.1 storage. It has a dedicated microSD card slot that supports up to 512GB of additional storage.
The phone is backed by a 5020 mAh battery that supports 33W Fast Charging over a USB Type-C port. The charger is included in the box, and can top up the device from 0-50% in 30 minutes.
In the optics department, the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max features a square camera bump with quad lenses on the rear. The setup comprises a 64MP Samsung GW1 main lens with a 1/1.72″ sensor, 1.6 µm Pixel Size, an f/1.89 aperture, assisted by an 8MP Ultra Wide-Angle lens with a 119° FOV, a 5MP Macro lens with a focal length of 2cm to 10cm, a 2MP Depth Sensor and an LED Flash.
The Note 9 Pro Max has a 3.5mm headphone jack, an IR Blaster, supports 2×2 MIMO WiFi , NaVIC. The phone has a 3D Curved Glass Body that uses Corning Gorilla Glass 5 to protect the display, the back panel and the camera array. The device has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Specs
- Display: 6.67-inches Full HD+ LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, Dot Display (Punch hole)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 + up to 512GB via dedicated microSD card slot
- Battery: 5020 mAh, 33W Fast Charging (charger in the box), 0-50 in 30 minutes
- Main Cameras: 64MP Samsung GW1, 1/1.72″ sensor, 1.6 µm Pixel Size, f/1.89 aperture + 8MP Ultra Wide-Angle 119 degrees FOV + 5MP Macro lens, 2cm to 10cm + 2MP Depth Sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headphone jack, IR Blaster, 2×2 MIMO WiFi , NaVIC
- Misc: 3D Curved Glass Body, Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Colours: Aurora Blue, Glacier White & Interstellar Black
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max price in India
The Redmi Note 9 Pro Max price in India starts at Rs. 14,999 for the 6GB/64GB variant. The 6GB/128GB model will be sold for Rs. 16,999, while the 8GB/128GB version carries a price tag of Rs. 18,999. The device will be available on Amazon, Mi.com, Mi Home and Mi Studio. from March 25th.
The phone will be available in 3 colours: Aurora Blue, Glacier White & Interstellar Black