The Redmi Note 3 has officially been launched in India.
Xiaomi has rebranded the Redmi Note 3 Pro as the Redmi Note 3 for India.
The phone was unveiled in January 2016, in China, as a Snapdragon variant to the MediaTek Helio X10 powered Redmi Note 3, which was launched in November 2015.
And since Xiaomi is banned from selling devices with MediaTek chipsets in India, due to some issues with Ericsson, it doesn’t make much sense to name the only device in the Country, as a “Pro” variant.
The Redmi Note features a 5.5-inch FullHD 1080p Display with Sunlight Display and Reading Mode (which reduces bluelight), and runs on MIUI 7 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop. The phone is powered by a 1.8 GHz hexa-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor, an Adreno 530 GPU with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB of internal storage.A cheaper variant exists with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage .
The phablet has a 16 megapixel rear camera which the company touts has a 0.1s ultra-fast PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) Dual LED Flash and a Dual Image Sensor Processor (ISP). The selfie lens on the device is a 5 megapixel front camera.
The Redmi Note 3 Pro is Xiaomi’s first budget phone to feature a fingerprint-sensor, which is placed on the rear, just below the main camera. It can be used for locking apps, hidden folders, and it even works with third party apps, and also lets you take a fingerprint selfie (front and rear camera).
Connectivity options on the device include support for 4G LTE (X8 Cat 7 4G+) including all LTE bands in India, Voice over LTE (VoLTE), WiFi, Bluetooth.
The device features a full metal body with a curved edge design, and measures at 8.4mm in thickness and is backed by a massive 4050mAh battery which supports Quick Charge. The phone comes in three colours: Dark Gray, Silver and Gold.
Redmi Note 3 Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch FullHD 1080p, Sunlight Display,
- Processor: 64-bit hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 1.8 GHz (2x ARM Cortex A72, 4x ARM Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 16GB of internal storage/2GB LPDDR3 RAM and 32GB of internal storage/3GB LPDDR3 RAM.
- Main Camera: 16 megapixels rear camera with 0.1s ultra-fast PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus), Dual Image Sensor Processor (ISP), Dual LED Flash, f/2.0
- Front camera: 5 megapixel front camera.
- Sensors: Fingerprint scanner unlocks in 0.3 seconds, 5 fingerprint profiles
- Connectivity: 4G LTE (X8 Cat 7 4G+), Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- Battery: 4050 mAh, Quick Charge
Xiaomi says that the Redmi Note 3 scored a whopping 77,592 points on AnTuTu Benchmark 6.0.
The Redmi Note 3 32 GB / 3 GB RAM variant is priced at Rs. 11999, while the 2 GB RAM/16 GB storage variant is priced at Rs 9999.