Xiaomi has confirmed the Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G launch date in India. The smartphone will debut on January 5th.
In case you missed it, the device was introduced a few months ago in China. The mobile is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1080 processor, a Mali-G68 MC4 GPU, and runs on Android 12 with MIUI 13 out of the box. Xiaomi has unveiled MIUI 14 based on Android 13 in China, but it may be too soon to expect the Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G to ship with it.
The base version of the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G sold in China has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, but we can expect Redmi to introduce a lower-end variant with 6GB/64GB or 6GB/128GB in India.
The Note 11 Pro+ sports a 6.67-inches AMOLED Full HD+ display, with an in-display fingerprint scanner. The selfie lens on the device is a 16MP snapper, while the triple camera array on the rear consists of a 200 megapixels primary lens that has an f/1.9 aperture that supports OIS, an 8MP 19° ultra-wide angle lens, and a 2MP Macro Sensor. The Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G packs a 5,000 mAh battery, and supports 120W Fast Charging via a USB type-C port.
Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G specs
- Display: 6.67-inches AMOLED Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 900 nits brightness, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 5000000: 1 Contrast Ratio
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1080 octa-core up to 2GHz
- Operating System: Android 12 with MIUI 13
- GPU: Mali-G68 MC4
- Memory: 8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 256GB UFS 2.2
- Main Cameras: 200MP, f/1.9, PDAF, OIS + 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle, f/1.9 + 2MP Macro Sensor, f/2.4, LED Flash, 1080p @30fps
- Selfie Camera: 16MP
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 120W Fast Charging, USB type-C
- Audio: Single Speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: 5G: n1/n3/n5/n8/n28A/n38/n41/n77/n78, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 5, Wi-Fi 4 and 802.11a/b/g. Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, AGPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, NFC
- Dimensions: 162.9 x 76 x 8.98 mm
- Weight: 208.4g
- Colours: Trend, White, Black and Blue
- Sensors: Ultrasonic Distance Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Acceleration Sensor, Electronic Compass, Gyroscope, Infrared Remote Control, X-axis Linear Motor, In-display fingerprint scanner
Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G launch date
Xiaomi has scheduled the Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G launch date for January 5th in India. A press note sent to AndroidPure indicates that the event is for the Redmi Note 12 series, so we could also see the Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G and Note 12 5G announced on stage.
Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G expected price in India
The Redmi Note 12 Pro+ price starts at RMB 2,199 in China, that’s about Rs. 26,000. We can expect the Indian variant of the phone to be priced similarly, even if it does come with lower RAM and storage.