Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 9 in India as per the schedule. It is a rebranded version of the Redmi 9C which was announced earlier in Malaysia.
The Redmi 9 Indian variant however has 4GB of RAM, and starts with 64GB of storage for the base version. A higher end model with 128GB of storage is also available. Both versions have a dedicated microSD card slot for additional memory.
The device is powered by a MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core processor, and runs on MIUI 12 based on Android 10. The Redmi 9 is equipped with a 6.53-inch HD+ LCD display with a water-drop notch. The screen has a 20:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 70% NTSC colour gamut and 400 nits brightness. The notch holds a 5MP selfie lens which has an f/2.2 aperture.
On the back panel, the Redmi 9 has a fingerprint scanner. The main camera setup has triple lenses comprising a 13MP main lens with an f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, a 2MP macro lens with an f/2.4 aperture and an LED Flash. The Redmi 9 is backed by a 5,000mAh battery that charges using a Micro USB port, and supports 10W fast charging.
Redmi 9 Specs
- Display: 6.53-inch HD+ 1600 x 720 pixels, LCD, Dot-drop display, 20:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 70% NTSC colour gamut, 400 nits brightness
- Operating System: MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G35 octa-core
- Memory: 2GB RAM LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64GB/128GB emmc + upto 512GB via microSD card
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 10W fast charging, Micro USB
- Main Cameras: 13MP f/2.2 aperture + 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture + 2MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 5MP f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 77.07 x9 mm
- Weight: 196g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth, GPS
- Misc: Rear-placed fingerprint scanner
Redmi 9 price in India
The Redmi 9 price in India starts at Rs. 8,999 for the 4GB/64GB version, while the 4GB/128GB model costs Rs. 9,999. The phone will be available in 3 colours: Sporty Orange, Carbon Black and Sky Blue. The device will go on sale on 31st August at 12 noon, via Amazon and Mi.com online and also in Mi offline stores.