Xiaomi has officially announced (via teasers) that it will be launching its popular budget phone, the Redmi 3s, in India. The phone was launched in June in China, and here is a recap of its tech specs.
The Redmi 3S sports a 5 inch 720p HD display, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor along with an Adreno 505 GPU. It comes in two variants, one with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, and one with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
Both variants support expandable memory via micro SD card, in the form of a Hybrid SIM slot. That means, you can either use a micro SIM card and a Nano SIM card, or a micro SIM card and a micro SD card. The Redmi 3S features a 13 megapixel rear camera with an f/2.0 aperture, Phase Detection Auto Focus, LED Flash. The selfie lens on the phone is a 5 megapixel front camera, which has an f/2.2 aperture.
The device is backed by a 4000 mAh battery.
Redmi 3S Technical Specifications
- Display : 5-inch 720p HD IPS
- CPU : Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- GPU : Adreno 505
- RAM and Storage : 2 GB + 16GB / 3 GB + 32 GB with microSD support
- Operating System : MIUI 7
- SIM : Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- Camera : 13 MP rear with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture + 5 MP front-shooter, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 144 gm
- Battery : 4000 mAh / 4100 mAh (typical)
In China, the Redmi 3S was priced at 699 Yuan, which is around Rs 7000 for the 2GB RAM + 16GB variant, while the 3GB RAM + 32GB) vairant retails for 899 yuan, around Rs. 9,000. We can expect a similar pricing in India. Hopefully Xiaomi will be launching the device in the same three colors (dark grey, silver and gold) as it did in its homeground.