The LG G5 will be powered by a Snapdragon 820 SoC, the chipset’s manufacturer, Qualcomm, confirmed today.
The phone has already been confirmed by LG to have an Always On Display.
This is what Qualcomm tweeted today about the processor on the LGG5:
— Qualcomm (@Qualcomm) February 17, 2016
LG G5 Technical Specifications (from previous leaks)
- Display: AMOLED screen with always on display
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Processor: 1.59GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM 8996
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB of internal storage
- Rear Camera: 16 megapixels wide-angle focus, Dual LED Flash, laser auto-focus
- Front Camera: 8 megapixels
- Battery: 2800mAh
- Design: Full metal body
- Sensor: Fingerprint Scanner
- Special features: Magic slot with hardware expansion (possibly VR/camera)
The LG G5 will be launched on February 21st at the MWC 16 tech show in Barcelona, Spain.