The Poco X5 Pro has been announced in India. The 5G mobile appears to be a rebranded version of the Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition that debuted in China.
The phone sports a 6.67-inches OLED Full HD+ display with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. It supports 30/60/90/120Hz Refresh Rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, DCI-P3, HDR10+, 10-bit Color Depth, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 5,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio, Dolby Vision, and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The Poco X5 Pro runs on MIUI 14 based on Android 12, and is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G processor clocked at 2.4GHz, with an Adreno 642L GPU, 6GB/8GB of LPDDR4x RAM, and 128GB/256GB of storage. The device packs a 5,000 mAh battery that supports 67W fast charging via a USB Type-C port. Connectivity-wise the mobile supports 5G and 4G LTE mobile networks, Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6 and GPS.
Poco has equipped the X5 Pro with a 100 megapixels primary camera with a Samsung HM2 sensor, and an f/1.89 aperture. The oter two lenses in the triple camera array are an 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with a 120° FOV, f/2.4 aperture, and a 2MP macro sensor, with an f/2.4 aperture. The cameras are capable of recording Full HD 1080p videos at 60 frames per second, and 4K video recording at 30fps. The selfie camera on the front is a 16MP snapper.
The handset has a side mounted fingerprint reader, an ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, and an IR blaster. The Poco X5 Pro weighs at 181g, and measures Dimensions:162.91 x 76.03 x 7.9mm. It is rated IP53 for dust and splash resistance.
Poco X5 Pro 5G specs
- Display: 6.67-inches OLED Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 30/60/90/120Hz Refresh Rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, DCI-P3, HDR10+, 10-bit Color Depth, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 5,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: MIUI 14 based on Android 12
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G octa-core 2.4GHz, 6nm process
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Memory: 4GB/6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 2.2
- Main Cameras: 100MP Samsung HM2, f/1.89 Aperture + 8MP ultra-wide angle, 120° FOV, f/2.4 aperture + 2MP macro sensor, f/2.4, [email protected], 4K video recording at 30fps
- Selfie Camera: 16MP
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 67W Fast Charging, USB Type-C, QC3+, PD3.0
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, Dual Stereo Speakers with Dolby Atmos,
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz | 5 GHz),
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, Bluetooth 5.2
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Sensors: Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, IR Blaster
- Dimensions:162.91 x 76.03 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 181g
- Colours: Astral Black, Horizon Blue, & Yellow
- Rating: IP53 Protection
Poco X5 Pro price in India
The Poco X5 Pro has been priced at Rs. 22,999 for the 6GB/128GB, while the 8GB/256GB version costs Rs. 24,999. Poco is offering a special early access sale discount today. Buyers can get an instant discount of Rs. 2,000 off of the price of the 2 variants, i.e., the 6GB/128GB model will be available at Rs. 20,999 and the 8GB/256GB version at Rs. 22,999. The phone is sold exclusively via Flipkart, and comes in 3 colours: Blue, Black and Yellow.