Poco has launched a new 4G phone called the Poco M5, in India. The mobile is powered by a MediaTek Helio G99 octa-core processor, with an Arm Mali-G57 MC2 GPU.
The company claims that the device scored over 378,000 points on AnTuTu benchmark. The Poco M5 sports a 6.58-inches IPS LCD screen with a Full HD+ resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 1,500:1 contrast ratio, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, a pixel density of 401 PPI. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3, while the back cover has a Leather-like finish. The M5 has a side-mounted fingerprint reader.
The smartphone runs on MIUI 13 based on Android 12, has 4GB/6GB of LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB/128GB of UFS 2.2 storage, and supports up to 512GB of additional memory via a dedicated microSD card slot. Poco has packed a 5,000mAh battery in the handset, and while it ships with a 22.5W charger in the box, it only supports 18W Fast Charging via a USB Type-C port.
The main camera array on the Poco M5 consists of triple lenses featuring a 50 megapixels ISOCELL JN1 sensor with an f/1.8 Aperture, a 2MP macro sensor, and a 2MP Depth sensor. The cameras support 1080p video recording @30fps, that means it cannot capture videos at 60 frames per second. The selfie lens on the phone is an 8MP, f/2.0 snapper.
The Poco M5 has a 3.5mm headphone jack, and supports Hi-Res Audio. The phone supports Dual SIM cards with 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz | 5 GHz), GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU, and Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity. It has many sensors including an Ambient Light Sensor, a Proximity Sensor, an E-Compass, an Accelerometer, a Virtual Gyroscope, and an IR Blaster. The Poco M5 weighs 201g, and measures 76.09 x 163.99 x 8.9 mm.
Poco M5 specs
- Display: 6.58-inches IPS LCD Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 1,500:1 contrast ratio, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 401 PPI
- Operating System: MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G99 octa-core, 6nm process
- GPU: Arm Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 4GB/6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 + up to 512GB via dedicated microSD card slot
- Main Cameras: 50MP, ISOCELL JN1, f/1.8 Aperture + 2MP macro sensor, f/2.4 + 2MP Depth sensor, f/2.4 LED Flash, [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 8MP, f/2.0
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 18W Fast Charging, USB Type-C (22.5W charger in the box)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz | 5 GHz), GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU, Bluetooth 5.3
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Sensors: Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, E-Compass, Accelerometer, Virtual Gyroscope, IR Blaster
- Dimensions: 76.09 x 163.99 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 201g
- Colours: Icy Blue, Power Black, Yellow
Poco M5 price in India
The Poco M5 price in India starts at Rs. 12,499 for the 4GB/64GB variant, while the 6GB/128GB trim costs Rs. 14,499. The first sale for the phone will take place on 13th September at 1PM on Flipkart. The device comes in 3 colour options: Icy Blue, Power Black, Yellow.
Buyers can avail a launch offer instant discount of Rs. 1,500 off of the Poco M5’s price by making their purchase with an ICICI Bank card or Axis Bank card. That brings the price of the phone down to Rs. 10,099 for the 4GB/64GB model, and Rs. 12,999 for the 6GB/128GB version.