After teasing Android users for a long time, EA Games have released the free to play sequel for their hit game Plants vs. Zombies.
It has indeed been “About Time”.
Join Crazy Dave and Penny (his van/time travel machine) in the search for his Taco. Apparently he ate the Taco and wants to eat it again, by traveling back in time. This leads to a fiasco and the player ends up in Egypt.
The game plays over three worlds, Egypt, Pirate Seas and the Wild West. You play in 10 levels in each, but all 3 worlds have a few additional levels which are locked. To unlock them you must collect Keys specific to the respective worlds. Or you can optionally choose to buy Keys from the in game store.
An additional world, Far Future is expected to be released soon.
Let us take a look at the game’s features:
- Meet powerful new plants that will defend your lawn through time
- Go toe-to-missing-toe with dozens of new zombies
- Supercharge your floral friends with healthy doses of Plant Food
- Fire up amazing Finger Powers to pinch, flick and zap zombies
- Defeat brain-teasing challenges that will test your zombie-zapping skills
- Take on zombies from all worlds in the Piñata Party mini-game and win prizes
- Gather keys to play valuable side missions
- Collect coins to purchase potent power-ups
- Earn stars to take you to new worlds
- Connect to Game Services to unlock achievements and compete against friends on the leaderboards
- Look out! Zombie chickens!
There are a lot of new plants making their debut in this game:
- Bloomerang – Shoots boomerangs up to three zombies,which also hit them a second time on their return.
- Bonk Choy – Boxing plant which punches zombies which are in front or behind it.
- Coconut Cannon – Tap it to shoot a cocounut cannoball which does splash damage. Has a 16 second cooldown timer though.
- Chili Bean – When eaten, releases a paralyzing gas.
- Iceberg Lettuce – Freezes the zombie which touches it.
- Lightning Reed – Shoots lightning at zombies, which can also hit other zombies.
- Pea Pod – Plant upto 5 peapods in the same space for maximum power.
- Power Lily – The only debutant premium plant, it drops plant food when planted.
- Snapdragon – Spits out fire upto three lanes. Beware as it can relight the torches of the Explorer Zombie and unfreeze zombies. (Don’t use it with Iceberg lettuce)
- Spring Bean – Zombies that get too close will be bounced back, if they are close to water, splash!.
The other premium plants are:
- Snow Pea
There are a whole lot of new Zombies, but I am going to leave that to you to find out. Except for one, the Yeti Zombie. Similar to the original game, the Yeti Zombie appears randomly and drops lunch boxes, (you red that right) when killed. Open the lunch boxes to et the rewards, Keys or Coins.
The game is not compatible with a whole lot of devices, that may be to the rather high requirements.
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- ARMv7 1.0 Ghz or higher
- 1 GB of RAM
But that is not necessarily the case, as I have almost finished the game on my phone, the Samsung Galaxy S Advance, which has just 768MB RAM.
So what are you waiting for, download Plants vs. Zombies™ 2 for free from Google Play
The game broke the downloads record over at the itunes store with over 16 Million downloads. Let us hope Android users can break that.