The next series of devices in Oppo R series i.e. Oppo R17 and Oppo R17 Pro is scheduled to be officiallay launched on August 23 in China. Out of these two, the standard variant i.e. Oppo R17 is already listed on company official portal revealing the official Render, colours and key specifications of the device. Earlier rumors indicated an official launch on AUgust 18, but now we knwo that the launch will happen on AUgust 23 while the pre-orders probably will start from August 18.
Official teasers / videos from Oppo Social media channels in China reveal that Oppo R17 Pro may feature a camera with variable aperture which can be adjusted automatically or manually based on lighting conditions just as we have seen in Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9. The feature is termed as “smart aperture” that switches intelligently between the f/1.5 and the f/2.4 apertures depending on the lighting conditions. Another teaser suggest that R17 Pro is equipped with three-axis OIS optical image stabilization.
A handson video of Oppo R17 has surfaced featuring the in-display fingerprint sensor and the waterdrop screen which matches with the official press renders of the device. Have a look:
Oppo R17 Pro will be the high-end variant of the standard version in terms of storage & memory, or perhaps the camera will be the difference.
Oppo R17 Specifications
Here is a recap of the Oppo R17’s hardware specs.
- Display: 6.4-inch Full HD+(2280 x 1080 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio, 91.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Operating System: ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 670
- GPU: Adreno 615
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB internal storage
- Main Camera: 16MP, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 25MP, A.I powered, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX576 sensor, 3D Portrait
- Battery: 3500mAh with VOOC Flash charge
- Mic: Dual SIM, In-display fingerprint sensor, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C.
At the moment, we have no clue about the pricing of Oppo R17 and R17 Pro but we expect it to be priced as mid range device. Stay tuned at Androidpure and we will keep you updated.