The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has officially been announced today, in an event held in New York. There were no surprises, because we have reported about the Note 9 leaks in plenty, and they were all accurate.
Here is a recap of the device’s tech specs. The Galaxy Note 9 is equipped with a 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display in the 19:9 aspect ratio and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
The device runs on Android Oreo 8.1, and supports note taking features with the traditional S Pen. And yes, the S Pen is Bluetooth enabled this time. The Note 9 is powered by Samsung’s Exynos 9810 processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 in the U.S) and will be available in two variants. One has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, and this is the basic variant which has replaced the 64GB variant of its predecessor. The other variant of the Note 9 is the 512GB one which we reported about earlier, and it comes with 8GB of RAM.
In terms of photography, the Note 9 flaunts dual rear cameras, both of which are 12MP lenses. The primary sensor has variable aperture (f/2.4-f/1.5), while the secondary lens has an f/2.4 aperture. The selfie lens is an 8MP lens with an f/1.7 aperture.
The Galaxy Note 9 supports fast charging on both wired and wireless modes, to charge the 4000 mAh battery. The device has a USB type c connector and a 3.5mm audio jack. The iris scanner is located on the top of the front panel, while the fingerprint scanner is on the back panel. The phone is IP68 certified for dust and water resistance.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 516ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- Operating System: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- SIM: Single SIM and Hybrid Dual SIM variant (nano + nano / microSD)
- Main cameras: 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Selfie Camera: 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Certification: Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Audio: Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm, BLE S Pen: 5.7 x 4.35 x 106.37mm
- Weight: 201g, S Pen: Weight: 3.1g
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has been priced at $999 for the 128GB variant with 6GB of RAM, while the 512GB variant with 8GB RAM will retail for $1,250.