Nokia has just unveiled a new variant of its flagship device Nokia 8 at the Mobile World Congress 2018, under the name of Nokia 8 Sirocco which is also the Android One device. Apart from Nokia 8 Sirocco, the company also announced another Android One device during the same MWC event i.e. Nokia 7 Plus.
Most of the hardware specifications of Nokia 8 Sirocco remains same as that of existing Nokia 8 device though there are some major additions in terms of features, such as glass body for wireless charging support, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, a slight bump in battery and slight variation in terms of camera sensors.
Nokia 8 Sirocco runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) operating system and features a dual camera module at rear consisting of 12 MP primary rear camera with 2L7 wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture along with 13 MP secondary camera with 3M3 Telephoto lens, f/2.6 aperture, dual-tone flash, 2x optical zoom and a 5MP front shooter with 1.4um pixel size for selfies & video calls.
The phone is backed by 3260mAh battery along with support for fast charging & Qi Wireless Charging.
Nokia 8 Sirocco Specifications
- Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS display (2560×1440 pixels), 554ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- GPU: Adreno 540
- RAM: 6GB DDR4X
- Storage: 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, Barometer, 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Main Camera: 12 MP primary rear camera with 2L7 wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture + 13 MP secondary camera with 3M3 Telephoto lens, f/2.6 aperture, dual-tone flash, 2x optical zoom
- Front Camera: 5MP shooter with 1.4um pixel size
- Dimensions:140.93 x 72.97 x 7.5 mm
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, NFC
- Battery: 3260mAh battery with fast charging, Qi Wireless Charging
The Nokia 8 Sirocco Android One device will be available in Black colour option starting April 2018 and is priced at 749 euros (~$920 or Rs. 60,000).