Motorola has introduced the Moto Edge 30 in India. The 5G phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G+ 5G octa-core processor.
The device runs on Android 12 out of the box, and will be upgraded to Android 13 and 14 when they are released. Motorola has also promised to support the phone by providing security updates for 3 years.
The Edge 30 sports a 6.5-inches Full HD+ AMOLED display that supports a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, a 20:9 Aspect Ratio and has a 144Hz Refresh Rate. The screen supports 10-bit, DCI-P3 colour gamut, HDR10+, and is home to an in-display fingerprint scanner. The mobile has a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the front, and a PMMA acrylic glass back. The selfie camera on the screen is a 32MP f/2.4 aperture lens.
The Moto Edge 30 has an Adreno 642L GPU, 6GB/8GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB of storage. It is backed by a 4,020 mAh battery that supports 33W TurboPower fast charging via a USB Type-C port. The rear panel of the phone has a triple camera array consisting of a 50 megapixels primary lens with an f/1.8 aperture that supports Optical Image Stabilization, a 50MP ultra-wide lens with a 114° FOV, an f/2.2 aperture, and a 2MP depth sensor, with an f/2.4 aperture and an LED Flash module.
The Moto Edge 30 does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack, and relies on the USB Type-C port and Stereo Speakers for audio. The device is rated IP52 for splash resistance, weighs 155g and measures 159.38 x 74.24 x 6.79mm. It has various sensors including a Proximity sensor, an Ambient Light sensor, an Accelerometer, a Gyroscope, an Sar sensor, and a Magnetometer (compass).
In the connectivity department, the Edge 30 supports 5G Sub-6GHz and 4G LTE mobile networks, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4 GHz/5 GHz, 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS, and Galileo location services.
Moto Edge 30 specs
- Display: 6.5-inches Full HD+ AMOLED, 2400 x 1080 pixels, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 10-bit, DCI-P3, HDR10+, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, In-display fingerprint reader, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Operating System: Android 12, MyUX 3.0
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G+ 5G octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB
- Connectivity: 5G Sub-6GHz, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4 GHz/5 GHz, 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS, Galileo
- Main Cameras: 50MP, f/1.8, OIS + 50MP ultra-wide, 114° FOV, f/2.2 + 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP f/2.4 aperture
- Battery: 4,020 mAh, 33W fast charging, USB Type-C
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient Light, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Sar sensor, Magnetometer (compass)
- Dimensions: 159.38 x 74.24 x 6.79mm
- Weight: 155g
- Audio: Stereo Speakers, USB Type-C
- Misc: IP52 Splash Resistance
- Design: Corning Gorilla Glass 3 (front), PMMA ( Acrylic glass back)