Bored with the look of your WhatsApp chats? Did you know that you can change the background of the app? Let us find out how to change the wallpaper in WhatsApp Messenger.
How to change the wallpaper in WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Select any chat, and then tap on the three-dot menu button.
3. Tap on Wallpaper. WhatsApp will show you a preview of the current chat wallpaper.
4. Tap on the Change button. This will open the Custom Wallpaper section. It has 4 options: Bright, Dark, Solid Colours and My Photos.
Each of these categories has its own collection of wallpapers. If you select Bright, you will see thumbnails of various colourful backgrounds that you can choose from. The Dark collection as the name suggests, has darker wallpapers. The Solid Colours option lets you set a colour as the backdrop instead of an image. And finally, the My Photos section has images that are in your phone’s storage, i.e. photos and screenshots that are saved in the gallery. This is useful as you can personalize the chat with a relevant photo.
5. Select one of the wallpapers by tapping on it. WhatsApp will display a full screen preview of the chosen image, to show you what it looks like in a chat. You can swipe left or right to change the wallpaper, i.e. to preview other styles.
6. If you are happy with the selected style, tap the Set Wallpaper button.
7. WhatsApp will display a prompt that asks you whether you would like to set the wallpaper for the current chat, or for all chats. You can set a different wallpaper for each chat by selecting the first option.
Now you know how to change the wallpaper in WhatsApp.
How to restore the default wallpaper in WhatsApp
Want to restore the default wallpaper? That’s easy. Follow steps 1 to 4, and select the “Default Wallpaper” option to revert to the original background.
You may also use the remove custom wallpaper option to restore the default wallpaper.