Honor has launched its flaghsip phone. the Honor 8 in the U.S. The device was recently spotted on TENAA, and does match with the previous leaks.
The Honor 8 sports a 5.2 inch Full HD 1080P display with 2.5D glass on both the front and the back. The phone has a aluminum alloy body with rounded edges.
The phone runs on EMUI 4.1 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and is powered by Huawei’s octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 950 processor with a Mali-T880 GPU, and 4GB of RAM. The device has 32GB of internal storage and supports up to 128GB of expandable memory via a microSD card slot.
The Honor 8 features a 12 megapixel dual-lens camera on the rear with Dual ISP, Hybrid laser auto-focus, Professional mode. One of the lenses is an RGB sensor while the other is a monochrome sensor for better light and increased sharpness in photos. The phone has a rear facing 3D fingerprint scanner with a 0.4 second unlock, and adaptive learning,
The phone supports NFC, has a USB Type-C port, and is backed by a 3000mAh battery with fast charging and Smart Power 4.0.
Honor 8 Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.2 inch 1080p FHD AMOLED 2.5D glass
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 950 Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4
- OS: EMUI 4.1 based on Android Marshmallow
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Rear Camera: Dual 12 MP AutoFocus, LED Flash, Laser Focus, Hybrid auto-focus, Professional mode
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Sensors: Acceleromter, Proximity, Ambient Light, Digital Compass, Hall
- Battery: 3000mAh, Fast charging, Smart Power 4.0
- Connectivity: WiFi, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Dual SIM, GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU, USB Type-C
The Honor 8 has been priced at $ 399.99 in the U.S. The phone will go on sale from 11:00 am on August 26th CST.