The Amazon Appstore is abuzz with some exciting news.
The Android version of Rockstar Games’ popular title, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, has appeared out of the blue at the Appstore.While Rockstar are yet to confirm if it has been officially released or Amazon has leaked it , is unknown.
Here is a quick list of key features of the Android version of the GTA SA:
- Remastered, high-resolution graphics built specifically for mobile including lighting enhancements, an enriched color palette and improved character models.
- Cloud save support for playing across all your mobile devices for Rockstar Social Club Members
- Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control.
- Three different control schemes and customizable controls with contextual options to display buttons only when you need them.
- Compatible with the MoGa Wireless Game Controllers and select Bluetooth and USB gamepads
- Integrated with Immersion tactile effects
- Tailor your visual experience with adjustable graphic settings
And some screenshots:
The version at the Appstore says the download size is 72 MB, so I can only assume that the data will be downloaded once you run the game for the first time. The data size should be about the same as the iOS version which is around 1.6 GB.
While Max Payne and Vice City are compatible with my Nexus 7 2012, GTA SA seems to be incompatible with it. This could be a vital clue that the game has been leaked unintentionally by Amazon.
However, if you have a compatible device, you can buy GTA San Andreas for Android for $6.99 from the Amazon Appstore.
I can’t wait to roll with the Grove Street Homies on my Nexus 7. We will keep you posted on further updates regarding an official release or availability of the game.