Google’s first foldable phone has been announced on stage with the Pixel Tablet, and Pixel 7a. Let’s take a look at the device’s design and tech specs before discussing the Google Pixel Fold price.
The cover display on the device is a 5.8-inches Full HD+ AMOLED panel that supports a resolution of 2092 x 1080 pixels, and 120Hz Refresh Rate. The external screen has a pixel density of 408 PPI, has a 17.4:9 Aspect Ratio, a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, supports HDR, 24-bit, 1550 nits brightness and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
The inner display of the Pixel Fold has a 7.6-inches AMOLED screen with a resolution of 2208 x 1840 pixels, supports 120Hz Refresh Rate, 1450 nits brightness, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, HDR, and 24-bit. The foldable device has a mirror-polished, multi-alloy stainless steel hinge that has a 180° range of motion.
The device runs on Android 13 and will receive 3 major Android OS upgrades (Android 14, 15 and 16) and 5 Years of Security updates. It is powered by an octa-core Google Tensor G2 chipset with a Titan M2 security chip. The Pixel Fold has 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM, with 256 GB/ 512 GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The Google Pixel Fold has a triple camera array on the rear, it consists of a 48 megapixels primary sensor with an f/1.7 aperture, an 82° FoV. It is assisted by a 10.8 MP Ultra-wide angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture, and a 121.1° FoV, and a 10.8 MP Telephoto lens that has an f/3.05 aperture, a 21.9° FoV, supports 5x Optical Zoom, 20x Super Res Zoom. The cameras are equipped with a Laser detect auto focus, Spectral and flicker sensor, LED Flash. The Pixel Fold supports Optical Image Stabilization and Electronic Image Stabilization. The cameras are capable of 4K and 1080p video recording at 60 FPS.
The selfie camera on the cover is a 9.5 megapixels sensor that has an f/2.2 aperture, an 84° FoV, and supports Face Unlock. The inner camera on the display is an 8 megapixels snapper with an f/2.0 aperture, and an 84° FoV. Google has packed a 4,821mAh battery in the Pixel Fold. It charges via a USB Type-C port, supports 30W wired fast charging and also supports wireless charging.
Connectivity-wise, the Pixel Fold has Dual SIM card support with a Single nano-SIM and an eSIM. It supports 5G Sub-6: Bands n1/2/3/5/7/8/12/14/20/25/28/30/38/40/41/48/66/71/75/76/77/78/79 and 5G mmWave: Bands n257/n258/n260/n261. The mobile also supports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, Google Cast, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS. It has a Ultra-Wideband chip for accurate ranging and spatial orientation.
The mobile does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack, and hence relies on the USB Type-C port and Stereo Speakers for audio output. It supports Spatial Audio, and has 3 Microphones for Noise Suppression. The Google Pixel Fold supports Face Unlock via the front camera, and has a side-mounted fingerprint reader for biometric authentication.
Sensors on the phone include a Proximity sensor, an Ambient light sensor, an Accelerometer, a Gyrometer, a Magnetometer, a Barometer, and a Hall Effect sensor. The Pixel Fold weighs 283 g. The device measures 139.7 x 79.5 x 12.1 mm in its folded state, and 139.7 x 158.7 x 5.8 mm when unfolded. The device has an IPX8 water resistance rating, and Corning Gorilla Glass Victus back panel.
Google Pixel Fold specs
- Cover Display: 5.8-inches Full HD+ AMOLED, 2092 x 1080 pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 408 PPI, 17.4:9 Aspect Ratio, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, HDR, 24-bit, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, 1550 nits brightness
- Folding Display: 7.6-inches AMOLED 2208 x 1840 pixels, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 1450 nits brightness, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, HDR, 24-bit
- Hinge: Mirror-polished multi-alloy stainless steel, 180° range of motion
- Operating System: Android 13, Five years of Pixel updates (3 Android OS updates + 5 Years of Security updates)
- Processor: Google Tensor G2
- Security: Titan M2 chip, Face Unlock
- Memory: 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 256 GB/ 512 GB UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/1.7 aperture, 82° FoV, OIS and EIS + 10.8 MP Ultra-wide angle lens f/2.2 aperture, 121.1° FoV + 10.8 MP Telephoto lens f/3.05 aperture, 21.9° FoV, 5x Optical Zoom, Super Res Zoom Up to 20x, Laser detect auto focus, Spectral and flicker sensor, LED Flash, 4K and 1080p video recording at 60 FPS
- Selfie Camera: 9.5 MP, f/2.2 aperture, 84° FoV, Face Unlock
- Inner Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0 aperture, 84° FoV
- Battery: 4,821mAh battery, USB Type-C 30W fast charging (wired), wireless charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Single nano-SIM and eSIM), 5G Sub-6: Bands n1/2/3/5/7/8/12/14/20/25/28/30/38/40/41/48/66/71/75/76/77/78/79, 5G mmWave: Bands n257/n258/n260/n261, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz, HE160, MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, Ultra-Wideband chip for accurate ranging and spatial orientation, NFC, Google Cast, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS
- Audio: Stereo Speakers, Spatial Audio, 3 Microphones, Noise Suppression
- Security: Face Unlock, Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Magnetometer, Barometer, Hall Effect
- Dimensions: Folded – 139.7 x 79.5 x 12.1 mm, Unfolded – 139.7 x 158.7 x 5.8 mm
- Design: IPX8 water resistance rating, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus back with polished aluminium frame
- Weight: 283 g
- Colours: Obsidian, Porcelain
Google Pixel Fold price in US, Europe and UK
The Google Pixel Fold is not available in India. The foldable device has been launched in 3 Countries: Germany, United Kingdom, and United States.
The Google Pixel Fold price in US starts at $1,799 in the US. Google says that buyers in the US will get a Google Pixel Watch for free when they pre-order the phone. It is available for pre-order now, and will start shipping in June. The foldable phone will be available in 2 colours: Obsidian and Porcelain.
The Google Pixel Fold price in UK is considerably higher than the US, it costs £1,749 in the UK, and €1,899 in Germany.
Interestingly, the launch of the Pixel Fold makes Apple the only major phone manufacturer the only one that doesn’t have a foldable device.