It appears Google is getting tired of Pixel 8 leaks. So, it has revealed the devices in a Google Pixel 8 sneak peek video, ahead of next month’s launch.
The teaser video, which is available on the Made by Google channel on YouTube, shows off the design of both phones. They look quite similar to the previous-gen Pixel phones, with some subtle differences.
Google has added an infrared thermometer sensor, which is visible under the LED Flash. Users will be able to check their body temperature by pointing the phone to their forehead/temple. The display on the phones are not seen in the video. But we know what the front panel looks like thanks to a leak from a few days ago.
Google Pixel 8 sneak peek video
Prior leaks from Google had already confirmed the design. Here is a recap of the leaked spec sheet.
Google Pixel 8 Pro specs leaked
- Display: 6.7-inches QHD+ LTPO OLED, 120Hz refresh rate
- Operating System: Android 14
- Processor: Google Tensor G3 + Titan chip
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Storage: 128 GB / 256 GB
- Main Cameras: 50 MP (OIS) + 64 MP Ultra-wide angle lens + 48 MP Telephoto lens
- Selfie Camera: 11 MP
- Sensors: Temperature sensor, Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4,950 mAh, 27W fast charging
Google Pixel 8 launch date
Google is set to announce the Pixel 8 series on October 4th.