As expected, Gionee has launched the successor to Gionee S8 under the Name Gionee S9. The specifications of the device indicate not a flagship device but a mid range smartphone. S9 sports a 5.5 inch 1080p Full HD, 2.5D curved glass, powered by 2.0 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor and 4 GB of RAM.
It comes with 64 GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via microsd card and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with Amigo OS 3.2 on top. With S9, Gionee joins the dual camera bandwagon and comes with (13 MP + 5 MP) dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash and 13 MP front-shooter for selfies.
It is 7.4 mm thick and weighs 168 grams. It comes with Hybrid dual sim slot and fingerprint sensor. In terms of connectivity, it supports 4G LTE along with VOLTE.
Gionee S9 specifications
- Display : 5.5 inch 1080p Full HD, 2.5D curved glass
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor
- GPU: Mali T860
- RAM : 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB, expandable up to 128 GB with micro SD
- OS : Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor
- Camera : (13 MP + 5 MP) dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash and 13 MP front-shooter
- Dimensions: 154.2 × 76.4 × 7.4 mm
- Weight: 168.2 gm
- Connectivity : 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 3000 mAh
Gionee S9 is priced at 2,499 Yuan (~Rs. 25,000 or $365) in China and is available for preorder. It goes on sale on November 25. At the moment we do not have any information whether there are any plans to launch the device in other countries such as China.