Coolpad has officially unveiled a new phone called the Coolpad Mega 2.5D, in India. The name so obviously suggests that the device is a phablet, with a 2.5D curved glass.
The Mega 2.5D sports a 5.5 inch 720p HD IPS display, with a pixel density of 294 PPI. The phone has a screen to body ratio of 73% and a metal unibody design which is Gold in colour.
The Coolpad Mega 2.5D runs on Cool UI 8.0 which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and is powered by a 1.0 GHz 64-bit quad-core MediaTek MT6735P processor with 3GB of RAM and a Mali T720 GPU. The device has 16GB of internal storage, and supports up to 32GB of expandable storage via a microSD card slot.
The Mega 2.5D features an 8 megapixel rear camera with an f/2.0 aperture, and another 8 megapixel front camera with an 83.6 degree wide angle lens for selfies. The phone is backed by a 2,500mAh battery, and supports dual SIM cards,4G LTE, VoLTE, USB OTG, Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth 4.0.
Coolpad Mega 2.5D Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.5 inch 720p HD IPS, 294 PPI, 2.5D Curved Glass
- Operating System: Cool UI 8.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Processor: 1.0 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6735P
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- GPU: Mali T720
- Storage: 16GB internal + upto 32GB expandable storage via microSD card
- Rear Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8MP, 83.6 degree wide angle lens
- Battery: 2,500mAh
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, GPS, 4G LTE +VoLTE, dual SIM cards, USB OTG
- Colors: Gold
The Coolpad Mega 2.5D has been priced at Rs 6,999, and will be available exclusively via Amazon India from August 24th. The registrations for the first sale begins at 5PM today.