Cyanogen Inc has announced the first Release channel ROMs of its latest custom Android version, CM13 aka Cyanogenmod 13.
The newest builds of the ROMs, are based on Google’s latest mobile operating system, Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
That being said, CM13 is only available for 39 devices as of now. This includes the likes of the OnePlus One, Xiaomi Mi 4, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Android One phones, to name a few. You can find a full list of devices supported by CM13 at the official announcement page.
New features in CM13:
- Settings > Status bar – to assign icons
- Settings > Lock screen > Owner info – replaced with ‘Lock screen message’
- Settings > Memory – displays memory usage
- Device specific double-tap-to-wake now, CM silent mode replaced by AOSP based settings
- CM Protected apps – New folder UX and Fingerprint support for protected content, protected apps can no longer be opened from Play Store, notifications/services are not affected.
- New SMS/MMS Application includes support for Quick reply
- New Privacy guard with Permissions API based on Marshmallow
- Snap Camera app for Qualcomm Snapdragon camera devices
- Cyanogen Apps pack (coming soon)
- Whisperpush capability (encrypted SMS)
- Settings > About phone > Advanced mode – replaced by new settings.
- Settings > Notification Drawer > Quick Settings – replaced by new editing options directly in the quick settings panel.
- Settings > Lockscreen > Quick unlock
- Settings > Sim Cards > manual provisioning switch (Multisim)
- Power menu ability to swap System Profiles – replaced with system profile tile in Quick settings
Download CM13 from the official servers.