Asus has launched another phone / tablet hybrid device named as PadFone E. PadFone E is being launched as the middle ground between high-end device like the Padfone X or the Padfone mini. PadFone E works as a smartphone with a 4.7 inch 1280 x 720 pixel display and with the PadFone station as a 10.1 inch tablet with 1280 x 800 pixel display.
The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2 GHz quad-core processor with Adreno 305 Graphics with 1 GB of RAM & 16 GB of internal storage with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running on it. In terms of connectivity, it supports 3G/HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0.
The device is powered by Li-Ion 1,820mAh battery on phone and another big Li-Ion 5,000mAh battery on the dock.
Asus PadFone E Specs
- 4.7-inch IPS LCD display (1280×720) (phone), 10-inch IPS LCD display (1280×800) (dock)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, Adreno 305 Graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- 1.3MP camera
- 3G/HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with aGPS support
- OS: Android 4.3 Jellybean
- Li-Ion 1,820mAh battery (phone), Li-Ion 5,000mAh battery (dock)
Pricing and Availability
Asus PadFone E is priced at about $560 in Taiwan making it the cheapest Padfone with a 10 inch tablet station. We have no info on whether the device will be launched or made available in other countries or not.
Source: Chinese Engadget