We have been hearing rumours about a Redmi Go edition smartphone that is expected to launch soon. It appears that the rumours were true and Xiaomi Redmi Go (Go Edition) smartphone is going to launch officially in Philipines first, followed by some other countries. The company was teasing about the phone in Philipines and now the this new Go Edition phone is listed on the company retail partner Lazada in Philipines along with all the press renders and hardware specifications, leaving nothing left to speculate.
As per the Lazada listing, Xiaomi Redmi Go Edition sports a compact 5.0-inch HD+ display and is powered by 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform along with just 1GB of RAM. It comes with 8GB of internal storage and runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo Go Edition) operating system.
In terms of Camera, it features an 8MP main rear camera with LEDflash while there is a 5MP snapper on the front for selfies & video calls. The phone is backed by a 3,000 mAh battery but there is no fast charging support. Other features include support for Dual SIM and 4G VoLTE.
Xiaomi Redmi Go specifications
- 5-inch HD+ (1280 x 720pixels) 16:9 display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform with Adreno 308 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB storage, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo Go Edition)
- Dual SIM
- 8MP main rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions:140.4x 70.1 x 8.35mm
- Weight: 137g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
In Philippines, it will be available in Blue & Black Colour from next week hopefully. If launched in India, you can expect it to be priced much lesser than 5,000 INR.