As expected, Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro is now official which is the new mid-range smartphone that comes with an iPhone X kind of notch at top of the display. Redmi 6 Pro sports a 5.84-inch Full HD+(2280×1080 pixels) 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, powered by the two-year-old Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and runs on MIUI 9 based on Android Oreo operating system. There are three variants of the device based on RAM + ROM combinations as listed later in the post.
In terms of camera, it features a dual camera module at rear featuring a 12MP+5MP camera sensors along with support for AI while on the front there is a 5MP snapper for selfies & video calls. The phone is backed by 4000 mAh battery without fast charging support. Other features include Face Unlock and AI Voice assistant.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro specifications
- 5.84-inch Full HD+(2280×1080 pixels) 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.0GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM, 4GB RAM + 32GB ROM, 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM; expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradeable to MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + dedicated microSD slot), Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dual Rear camera with 12MP primary sensor with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture + 5MP secondary sensor with Samsung S5K5E8 sensor, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-shooter
- Dimensions: 149.33×71.68×8.75mm
- Weight: 178g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro will be available in following colours:
- Rose Gold,
- Black and
Redmi 6 Pro is priced as follows for the different variants:
- 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM: 999 yuan (~US$ 160 / Rs. 10,500)
- 4GB RAM + 32GB ROM: 1199 yuan (~US$ 185 / Rs. 12,500)
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM: 1299 yuan (~US$ 200 / Rs. 13,600).
It will go on sale in China from tomorrow, June 26th. There is no information on when Xiaomi plans to announce this new device in India. Stay tuned at Androidpure and we will keep you updated.