Xiaomi India has confirmed that the Mi TV Stick will launch on August 5th. The device had been announced in Europe a few weeks ago.
The smart device can stream Full HD videos at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels @ 60fps. It runs on Android TV 9.0 and is powered by a Quad-core Amlogic S905 Y2 processor, an ARM MAli-450 GPU, with 1GB of RAM, and 8GB of storage.
The Mi TV Stick supports dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2. It has a HDMI port and one micro USB port. The device is capable of decoding Dolby, DTS Surround Sound audio,
Xiaomi’s TV stick can be used to access Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Google Play, Spotify, among other services. It comes with support for Android 9.0 TV, Chromecast (Smart Cast), etc.
The remote which it comes with connects using Bluetooth, and supports Google Assistant voice search. It has dedicated buttons for Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
Mi TV Stick Specs
- Output: Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixels @ 60fps
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (Android TV, Google Assistant & Smart Cast)
- Processor: Quad-core Cortex A-53
- GPU: ARM Mali-450
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 8GB
- Dimensions: 92.4 x 30.2 x 15.2mm
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 28.5g
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 4.2
- Misc: Dolby, DTS
- Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x Micro USB
- Box Contents: 1 x Mi tV Stick, 1 x Remote Control, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x Manual
Mi TV Stick price in India (expected)
The MI TV Stick could be priced at about Rs. 3,500 in India (based on its Euros 39.99 price in Europe). In comparison, the Amazon Fire TV Stick costs Rs. 3,999.