Moments after launching the Mi Note 2, Xiaomi stunned the World, by unveiling an edgeless phone, called the Mi Mix, in China. The phone is actually built using a concept design from the company, and has absolutely no side bezels.
The Mi Mix has similar internal hardware specs to the Mi Note 2, but the outer appearance of the Mi Mix is remarkably different. The Mix, sports a 6.4 inch edgeless display with a massive 91.3% screen to body ratio. Xiaomi says this is a custom round-edged display.
The phone has a full ceramic body, which includes the back cover, the frame and even the side buttons. There is no visible proximity sensor, because the Mix comes with a built-in Ultrasonic Promoximity sensor, which is hidden behind the display. Likewise, there is no visible front camera, but there is one located along the device’s chin. The Mix uses an Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology which replaces the earpiece speaker.
The Mi Mix is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor clocked at 2,35GHz, and comes in two variants. One with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, and one with 6GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. The latter is called the Mi Mix 18k, because it has 18-karat gold rims around the camera and the fingerprint scanner.
The Mi Mix comes with a leather case in the box. The phone is backed by a 4400 mAh battery which supports Quick Charge 3.0. The main camera on the Mi Mix is a 16 megapixel lens with PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus), and a Dual LED Flash.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Technical Specifications
- Design: Full ceramic body (back cover, frame, and side buttons), 8 MoHs hardness
- Operating System: MIUI 8
- Display: 6.4” edgeless display, 91.3% screen-to-body ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 2.35GHz
- Memory: 4GB/6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 2.0
- Rear Camera: 16 megapixel lens with PDAF, two-tone flash
- Front Camera: Located on the chin, 50% smaller than traditional selfie cameras
- Battery: 4400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- Audio: HD audio 192kHz / 24-bit, Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic (earpiece),
- Sensors: Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor, Fingerprint Scanner
Xiaomi Mi Mix prices:
4GB + 128GB: RMB 3499 (Approx. USD 516 or Rs. 35,000)
6GB + 256GB: RMB 3999 (Approx. USD 590 or Rs. 40,000)
The Mi Mix with 4GB RAM/128GB storage has been priced at 3499 Yuan, while the Mi MIX 18k with 6GB RAM and 256 GB storage, has been priced at 3999 Yuan.