Xiaomi has officially unveiled its flagship phablet, the Mi Note 2 in China. The phone is the first from the Chinese OEM, to feature a dual edge display,
The Mi Note has 3D dual-curved glass, on both the front and the back and has an aluminum frame. The phone sports a 5.7 inch OLED display, with a 77.2% screen-to-body ratio. The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor clocked at 2,35GHz, and comes in two variants. One with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, and one with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
The Mi Note comes with Global LTE Bands, full NFC support, and HD lossless audio playback. The phone ia backed by a 4070mAh battery which supports Quick Charge 3.0. The main photography option on the Mi Note 2 comprises of a 22.56 megapixel rear camera with hardware level EIS (Electronic image stabilization) 4K video stabilization, with a dedicated 3-axis gyroscope for high-speed jitter detection in real time, PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus), f/2.0 aperture and a Dual LED Flash. The selfie lens on the device is an 8 megapixel front camera with autofocus.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Technical Specifications
- Design: Two-sided dual curves: Front + back 3D curved glass, 7-series aluminum frame
- Display: 5.7” OLED flexible display, 77.2% screen-to-body ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 2.35GHz
- Memory: 4GB/6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.0
- Rear Camera: 22.56 MP Sony IMX 318 Exmor RS sensor, 5488 x 4112 resolution images, EIS 4K video stabilization, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 6-element lens, two-tone flash
- Front Camera: 8MP front camera with autofocus, Beautify 3.0
- Connectivity: Global LTE bands: 6 types, 37 bands, NFC (Read/Write, Card Emulation, P2P), GPS
- Battery: 4070mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- Audio: AQSTIC audio processor, HD audio 192kHz / 24-bit resolution with lossless support
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 prices:
4GB + 64GB: RMB 2799 (Approx. USD 413 or Rs. 28,000)
6GB + 128GB : RMB 3299 (Approx. USD 487 or Rs. 33,000)
6GB + 128GB Global : RMB 3499 (Approx. USD 516 or Rs. 35,000)
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 4GB variant with 64GB storage has been priced at 2799 in China, while the 6GB/128 variant will cost 3299 Yuan. The 6GB/128 Global variant will cost 3499 Yuan.