It was only yesterday, that we brought you news that Xiaomi plans to launch the Mi 8 Youth Edition on September 19th. And now it appears that several official Xiaomi Mi 8 Youth Edition press renders have been leaked.
These pictures show off the design of the phone, along with the gradient colours. And we have to say, it does look spectacular, at least in the pictures.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Youth Edition press renders confirm that the phone has a notch display design. and it seems to have minimal bezels. Even the chin seems pretty minimalistic.
The back panel of the phone houses the dual rear cameras along with an LED Flash. Below the cameras, is a fingerprint scanner which kind of blends in with the back panel’s colour.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Youth Edition press renders do not confirm whether the phone has a headphone jack. The bottom of the phone has a USB Type-C connector, dual speaker grilles, and discreet antenna lines. And since none of the pictures show the top of the device’s frame, there is no visible indicator of a 3.5mm audio jack’s presence.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Youth Edition Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI
- Display: 6.26-inch TFT Full HD+ 2280 x 1080 pixels, Notch display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Octa-core 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 phone RAM: 4GB/6GB/8GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB/128GB + microSD card up to 128GB/256GB
- Selfie Camera: 24MP
- Rear Cameras: Dual 12MP cameras, LED Flash
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: Infrared, Bluetooth, USB Type-C
And one particular oddity we spotted in these Xiaomi Mi 8 Youth Edition press renders, is the single mobile signal indicator icon. Does that mean the phone will not support dual SIM cards? We only need to wait a week, until the device is made official.