Just few weeks back, Xiaomi Mi 6 was launched at an event in China, which with 5.15″ full HD display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor along with 6 GB of RAM. It features a 12 MP dual cameras at back and another 8 MP front shooter for selfies. The flagship device i.e. Mi 6 also ditched the 3.5 mm audio jack in favor of a USB C type port.
The pricing of Xiaomi Mi 6 starts at at 2,499 yuan (~US$ 360 / Rs. 25,000) for the 6 GB RAM + 64 GB ROM variant which is considered as a major jump compared to previous years. Thanks to a higher pricing, rumors were floating about a lower variant of Xiaomi Mi 6 which may be powered by upcoming Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and with a much lower pricing such as 1999 Yuan. But it seems that the rumors of a Snapdragon 660 powered Mi 6 are wrong, as it is now officially dismissed by Xiaomi as "Fake".
The official dismissal comes from Founder of Xiaomi Inc Lei Jun, who quoted the rumor and wrote "Fake". With this official dismissal, we can be sure that Xiaomi is not working on any low variant of Xiaomi Mi 6 powered by upcoming Snapdragon 660.
Xiaomi Mi 6 Specifications
- Display : 5.15″ Full HD 1080p display
- CPU : 2.45 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm processor
- GPU : Adreno 540
- RAM : 6 GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage : 64 GB / 128 GB
- OS : Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8
- Misc : Dual SIM, Splash resistant, Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, Dual Stereo speakers
- Main Camera : Dual Camera setup with 12 MP with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS,2x lossless zoom,4K video recording and secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, 52mm portrait lens, f/2.6 aperture
- Front Camera : 8 MP
- Dimensions: 145.17 x 70.49 × 7.45 mm
- Weight: 168 gm / 182 gm (ceramic)
- Connectivity : 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery : 3350 mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, 18W fast charging
At the moment, we are hearing some contradicting rumors on possible Mi 6 launch in India. We hope that Xiaomi may launch Mi 6 in India, but the chances appear grim. Stay tuned at Androidpure and we will keep you updated.