The Xiaomi Black Shark 3 is all set to debut in China. A teaser poster shared by the company on its Weibo page says that the device will be announced on March 3rd.
The image also mentions 5G mobile network connectivity, so we can expect it to be powered by Qualcomm’s latest flagship processor, the Snapdragon 865.
Xiaomi Black Shark 3
Xiaomi’s Black Shark series has been a gaming franchise, and the latest iteration could follow suit. This has been hinted in a recent poll on Weibo, where the device was mentioned as a gaming phone. Add to that fact that the teaser image has Tencent Games listed as a partner.
It also hinted that the Xiaomi Black Shark 3 could be packed with a 5,000 mAh battery that will support 65W fast charging. The phone can be topped up to 100% in just 38 minutes. The post also claims it will have a superior life cycle compared to the batteries in other devices.
We don’t have the rest of the device’s specs yet, but here’s a recap of the last gen’s hardware, aka the Black Shark 2.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 specs
- Display: 6.39″ AMOLED Full HD+ 2340 x 1080 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 430nits brightness, 403 PPI, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 108.9% DCI-P3 color gamut, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 @2.84GHz
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Main Cameras: 48MP, 0.8μm, f/1.75 aperture, 12MP telephoto lens, 1.0μm, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, PDAF
- Selfie Camera: 20MP, 1.0μm 4in1,f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, 2 X 2 mimo, MU MIMO, Wi-Fi Display, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Battery: 4000mAh, Quick charge 4.0, 27W charging, USB Type-C
- Sensor: Gyro, Geomagnetic, Gravity sensor, Distance sensing, Ambient light sensor, Pressure sensing
- Dimensions: 163.61 x 75.01 x 8.77mm
- Weight: 205g
It remains to be seen whether the company will offer a Pro variant of the Xiaomi Black Shark 3, like it did with its predecessor.