The Xiaomi Black Shark 3 is all set to debut in China. A teaser poster shared by the company on its Weibo page says that the device will be announced on March 3rd.
Xiaomi Black Shark 3
Xiaomi’s Black Shark series has been a gaming franchise, and the latest iteration could follow suit. This has been hinted in a recent poll on Weibo, where the device was mentioned as a gaming phone. Add to that fact that the teaser image has Tencent Games listed as a partner.
It also hinted that the Xiaomi Black Shark 3 could be packed with a 5,000 mAh battery that will support 65W fast charging. The phone can be topped up to 100% in just 38 minutes. The post also claims it will have a superior life cycle compared to the batteries in other devices.
We don’t have the rest of the device’s specs yet, but here’s a recap of the last gen’s hardware, aka the Black Shark 2.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 specs
- Display: 6.39″ AMOLED Full HD+ 2340 x 1080 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 430nits brightness, 403 PPI, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 108.9% DCI-P3 color gamut, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 @2.84GHz
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Main Cameras: 48MP, 0.8μm, f/1.75 aperture, 12MP telephoto lens, 1.0μm, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, PDAF
- Selfie Camera: 20MP, 1.0μm 4in1,f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, 2 X 2 mimo, MU MIMO, Wi-Fi Display, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Battery: 4000mAh, Quick charge 4.0, 27W charging, USB Type-C
- Sensor: Gyro, Geomagnetic, Gravity sensor, Distance sensing, Ambient light sensor, Pressure sensing
- Dimensions: 163.61 x 75.01 x 8.77mm
- Weight: 205g
It remains to be seen whether the company will offer a Pro variant of the Xiaomi Black Shark 3, like it did with its predecessor.