Solid Explorer is probably one of the best looking file managers for Android devices, if not the best. It has tons of useful features including Root access.The developer has released the stable version on Google Play, and as mentioned in the developer’s thread at XDA, it is a paid app. Not very expensive though, it just costs $1.99. That’s half the price of popular file mangers with Root access support.
Features of Solid Explorer:
1. Two independent panels for browsing.
2. Drag and Drop inside and between panels.
3. FTP, SFTP and SMB/CIFS clients.
4. File sharing via FTP.
5. Support for ZIP, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2 and RAR archives.
6. Creating ZIP and TAR archives.
7. Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive, GoogleDrive (more soon).
9. Root access.
10. Indexed search.
11. Detailed file and directory information.
In addition to the above mentioned features, it also has a built-in image viewer, text-editor. That’s two of my favorite features, because you don’t need a gallery app or a text editor. I have been using Solid Explorer on my Phone for a long time, and on my Nexus 7 for a few days. I really love the dual-pane feature, combined with the Superb UI, it’s fantastic for moving files from one folder to another.
You can buy Solid Explorer Unlocker from Google Play.
Note: You need to have Solid Explorer Trial installed on your device for the Unlocker to work.