The next gen foldable flagship phone from Samsung is here along with the Galaxy Z Flip3. This is the bigger of the two devices, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 display specs
The cover screen on the Galaxy Z Fold3 is a 6.2-inches HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, with a resolution of 2268 x 832 pixels, 387 PPI, and a 24.5:9 aspect ratio. The device’s primary screen (when unfolded) is a 7.6-inches QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X, Infinity Flex Display.
It supports a resolution of 2640 x 1080 pixels, has a pixel density of 425 PPI, and a 22.5:18 aspect ratio. Both screens on the Galaxy Z Fold3 support 120Hz adaptive refresh rate.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 processor, memory and storage
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 runs on One UI based on Android 11, and is powered by a 5nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G mobile platform. The processor is clocked at 2.8GHz + 2.4GHz + 1.8GHz, with 12GB RAM, and 256GB/512GB of UFS 3.1 Storage.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 cameras
Samsung has equipped the Galaxy Fold3 with a 4MP Under Display Camera on the inside screen, the lens has an f/1.8 aperture with 80° FOV. There is another selfie lens on the cover display, and this is a 10 megapixels front camera with an f/2.4 aperture, and an 80° FOV.
The rear panel of the foldable device is home to a triple camera array. The set up comprises a 12MP Ultra-wide angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture, 123° FOV, a 12MP wide angle f/1.8 aperture lens that supports 83° FOV, optical image stabilization, a 12MP telephoto lens, with a 45° FOV, an f/2.4 aperture, Dual OIS, 0.5x optical zoom out and 2x optical zoom in, 10x Digital Zoom, HDR+ 10 video recording, autofocus, and an LED Flash.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 battery, connectivity and sensors
Samsung has included a 4,400 mAh battery on the Galaxy Z Fold3, and it supports 25W fast charging over a USB Tpe C port, with Quick Charge 2.0. It also supports Wireless Charging and Reverse Wireless Charging. The foldable device supports 4G LTE and 5G mobile networks, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS/A-GPS.
The device has a Side-mounted Fingerprint reader, an Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Analog Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, and a Light Sensor.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 design, weight, IP rating and colourways
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 measures 67.1 x 158.2 x 16.0mm when folded, and 128.1 x 158.2 x 6.4mm when unfolded. The device weighs 271g, and is IPX8 rated for Water Resistance. The foldable phone is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus panel, and has an Armor Aluminium Frame.
The Galaxy Z Fold3 will be available in three colour options: Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 S-Pen Stylus
Samsung has partnered with stylus maker Wacom to add S-Pen support for the Galaxy Z Fold3. There are two versions of the stylus, the first of which is the S-Pen Gold Edition, it supports Air Command Gestures and a Pro tip.
The S-Pen Pro supports Bluetooth, Air Command, Air Actions, a USB port for charging, and supports all Samsung devices that support the S-Pen.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G Specs
- Main Display: 7.6-inches QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X, Infinity Flex Display, 2640 x 1080 pixels, 425 PPI, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 22.5:18 aspect ratio
- Cover Screen: 6.2-inches HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 2268 x 832 pixels, 387 PPI, 24.5:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate
- Operating System: One UI based on Android 11
- Processor: 5nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G, 2.8GHz + 2.4GHz + 1.8GHz, 5nm
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Storage: 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1
- Main Cameras: 12MP Ultra-wide angle f/2.2 aperture, 123° FOV + 12MP wide angle lens, f/1.8 aperture, 83° FOV, OIS + 12MP telephoto lens, 45° FOV, f/2.4 aperture, Dual OIS, 0.5x out and 2x in optical zoom, 10x Digital Zoom, HDR+ 10 video recording, AF LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 10MP Cover Camera, f/2.4 aperture, 80° FOV + 4MP Under Display Camera, f/1.8 aperture, 80° FOV
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS/A-GPS
- Battery: 4400mAh, 25W fast charging, QC 2.0, USB Type-C, Wireless Charging and Reverse Wireless Charging
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Side Fingerprint sensor, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Analog Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor
- Dimensions: Folded – 67.1 x 158.2 x 16.0mm, Unfolded – 128.1 x 158.2 x 6.4mm
- Rating: IPX8 Water Resistance
- Design: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, Armor Aluminium Frame, S-Pen
- Colours: Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver
- Weight: 271g
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 price
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 has been priced at $1,799.99 in the US. It is available for pre-order in select regions around the world, and will go on sale from August 27th.