Samsung has announced two foldable flagship devices, the Galaxy Z Fold3 and the Galaxy Z Flip3. And this is the latter, say hello to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 display
The outer screen, aka the cover display on the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G is a 1.9-inch Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 260 x 512 pixels, and a pixel density of 302 PPI.
The main screen when the device is unfolded, is a 6.7-inches Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X, Infinity Flex Display, with a resolution of 2640 x 1080 pixels, 425 PPI, 22:9 aspect ratio and supports 120Hz adaptive refresh rate. It can also be used in a clamshell form factor.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 processor, memory and storage
Samsung has gone with a 5nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G processor for the Galaxy Z Flip3, with 8GB RAM, and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 Storage. The phone runs on One UI based on Android 11.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 cameras
The Galaxy Z Flip3 5G has dual cameras on the back, the main lens is a 12MP Ultra-wide angle sensor with an f/2.2 aperture, a 123° FOV, and the other camera is a 12MP wide angle lens, with an f/1.8 aperture, 78° FOV. The selfie camera on the screen is a 10MP, f/2.4 aperture lens with an 80° FOV..
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 battery, connectivity and sensors
The compact foldable packs a 3300mAh battery that supports 15W Fast Charging over a USB Type-C port, and Quick Charge 2.0. The Galaxy Z Flip3 also supports Wireless Charging and Reverse Wireless Charging.
The phone has several sensors such as a side-mounted Fingerprint reader, an Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Analog Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, and a Light Sensor.
In terms of connectivity, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 works with 4G LTE and 5G mobile networks, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS/A-GPS.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 design, weight, IP rating and colour options
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G weighs 183g, and measures 72.2 x 86.4 x 17.1mm when closed, and 72.2 x 166.0 x 6.9mm when unfolded. It has a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus panel, and an Armor Aluminium Frame. The phone is IPX8 certified to be water resistant.
The Galaxy Z Fold3 will be available in 7 colour options: Cream, Green, Lavender, Phantom Black, Gray, White, and Pink.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G Specs
- Main Display: 6.7-inches Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X, Infinity Flex Display, 2640 x 1080 pixels, 425 PPI, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 22:9 aspect ratio
- Cover Screen: 1.9-inch Super AMOLED, 260 x 512 pixels, 302 PPI,
- Operating System: One UI based on Android 11
- Processor: 5nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G, 2.8GHz + 2.4GHz + 1.8GHz, 5nm
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Main Cameras: 12MP Ultra-wide angle f/2.2 aperture, 123° FOV + 12MP wide angle lens, f/1.8 aperture, 78° FOV, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 10MP, f/2.4 aperture, 80° FOV
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS/A-GPS
- Battery: 3300mAh, 15W fast charging, QC 2.0, USB Type-C, Wireless Charging and Reverse Wirless Charging
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Side Fingerprint sensor, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Analog Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor
- Dimensions: Folded – 72.2 x 86.4 x 17.1mm, Unfolded – 72.2 x 166.0 x 6.9mm
- Rating: IPX8 Water Resistance
- Design: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, Armor Aluminium Frame.
- Colours: Cream, Green, Lavender, Phantom Black, Gray, White, Pink
- Weight: 183g
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 price
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 price starts at $999.99 in the US. It will go on sale from August 27th, and is available for pre-order in a few Countries around the world.