The device has two screens like we reported earlier, the smaller external one is a 1.1-inch display with a resolution of 300 x 111 pixels and 303 PPI. It can display the date, time, battery level, notifications, and also lets you answer calls.
The main display on the Galaxy Z Flip is a 6.7-inch Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex Display that has a screen resolution of 2636 x 1080 pixels, 425 PPI, a 21:9:9 aspect ratio and supports HDR10+.
The clamshell phone can unfold like a laptop at angles between 70° and 110°. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6 and has a punch-hole camera at the top for the 10MP Dual pixel selfie lens which has an f/2.4 aperture, 80 ° FOV, and 1.22μm pixel size.
The Z Flip runs on OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10 and is powered by a 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor with 8GB of RAM and 256GB UFS 3.0 of storage.
The device is backed by a 3,300mAh battery that supports 15W Fast Charging over a USB Type-C connector. The Galaxy Z Flip has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The main cameras on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip are a 12MP Dual Pixel lens with a 78° Wide-angle, an f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm, Optical image stabilization and a 12MP Ultra wideangle lens with an f/2.2 aperture, 123° FOV, HDR 10+, 1.12μm, 8x digital zoom, HDR10+ recording and an LED Flash.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Specs
- Display: 6.7-inch Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex Display, 2636 x 1080 pixels, 425 PPI, 21:9:9 aspect ratio, HDR10+, Hinge with 70° and 110° and 1.1-inch external screen 300 x 111 pixels, 303 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Operating System: OneUI 2.0 based on Android 10
- Processor: 2.84GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.0
- Battery: 3,300mAh, 15W Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 12MP Dual Pixel 78° Wide-angle f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm, OIS + 12MP Ultra wideangle lens f/2.2 aperture 123° FOV, HDR 10+, 1.12μm, 8x digital zoom, HDR10+ recording
- Selfie Camera: 10MP dual pixel, f/2.4 aperture, 80 ° FOV, auto focus, 1.22μm, voice control
- Dimensions: Folded 73.6 x 87.4 x 17.3mm (Hinge) – 15.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded 73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2mm – 6.9mm (Screen)
- Weight: 183g
- Sensors: Capacitive Fingerprint sensor (side), Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor (digital, analog), Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip price
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip has been priced at $1,380 (about Rs. 98,000). The company states that the phone will be available in the U.S., Korea and some other markets, from February 14, 2020, and comes in Mirror Purple and Mirror Black colours. It will be available in more Countries later, in Mirror Gold colour.