Samsung India has unveiled its latest flagship phablet, the Galaxy Note 7 in India. As you may already know from our previous coverage of the device’s launch earlier this month, the Note 7 is important for three reasons.
First, it sees the South Korean company boldly going for a dual-curved Edge only variant for the Note 7, with no flat screen variant available.
Secondly, the Note 7 branding marks a jump from 2015’s Note 5, and skipping the note 6 name, in order to keep the device’s name on par with its flagship phone series, the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The third reason on why the Note 7 is special, is because it features an Iris scanner for advanced biometric authentication.
Here is a recap of the Note 7’s hardware. Another important thing to “Note” (pun intened) here, is that the Indian variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is powered by an Exynos 8890 processor, and not a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chispet.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.7” Quad HD Dual edge Super AMOLED 2560 x 1440 (518ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Processor: Octa core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad), 64 bit, 14 nm process or quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage: 64GB internal memory (UFS 2.0) + microSD up to 256GB)
- Rear Camera: 12 megapixels Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 megapixel f/1.7 aperture
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner and Iris Scanner
- Sensors: Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, HR Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS, Glonass, Beidou
Battery: 3,500mAh with fast charging (wired and wireless)
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 169g
- Other: IP68 water and dust resistance, S Pen stylus
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has been priced at Rs 59,990 in India. The device will be available from September 2nd, and pre-registrations for it is already open at the official website.